Our Performance Policy
For the safety of all Desert Rhythms performers, strict adherence to the following performance venue guidelines is imperative and shall be communicated to all potential clients prior to acceptance of any performance request:
- Indoor venues are preferred. Client will provide approximate dimensions of performance stage and pertinent information about the performance location such as parking information, building information, sound equipment availability/requirements, venue rules that will impact performers (amplified music ordinances, rules against use of prop swords, open flame restrictions, etc.) and any other rules, restrictions or ordinances in effect.
- Outdoor venues are acceptable with the following conditions:
- A clean and dry performance area is provided that is free from debris, cars or other obstacles.
- If a covered outdoor area is provided, client ensures that the roof structure has at least a 10’ clearance to accommodate performers’ props (veils, canes, swords).
- Client verifies and informs Desert Rhythms of venue rules that will impact performers (amplified music ordinances, rules against use of prop swords, open flame restrictions, etc.).
Desert Rhythms will confirm cancellation of a scheduled outdoor performance (two hours prior to the scheduled performance time) when no appropriate alternative indoor venue is offered by the client, if any of the following conditions exist:
- The outside temperature is at or below 60° within twenty-four hours of the scheduled performance time;
- It is raining three hours prior to the scheduled performance time (even if it is not raining at the scheduled time of the performance);
- If, within twenty-four hours prior to the time of the performance, severe weather is foretasted.
- Client shall provide appropriate contact information for communication on and prior to the performance day.